Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Blog: Is this enough for me? (Tranformational Story) Dweisi Mfume appeared to be an ordinary child when, at eleven, his step dad, abandoned the family. Then when he was sixteen, his mother died of cancer. That is when his life spun out of control. Mfume quit school and went to work to help support his sisters. He worked as many as three jobs in a single week. He also began started hanging out on street corners drinking with friends. “I ran with the worst people and I became the leader, he recalled in U.S. News and World Report, "I was even locked up a couple of times on suspicion of theft because I happened to be young and black. And before I knew it, I was a teenage parent, not once but five times." Yet Mfume's life took a radica turn on a July night in the late 1960s. He had been drinking with his friends when suddenly he began to feel strange. "People were standing around playing dice and everything else, and something just came over me," he remembered. "I said, 'I can't live like this anymore.' And I walked away." Mfume spent the rest of the night in prayer. That is when his new life began and he proceeded to earn his high school diploma and pursue a college degree. Mfume went on to earn a graduate degree from John Hopkins University. Then he was elected to the Baltimore City Council, and then Congress. As a congressman, Mfume became one of the most well known African American politicians in Washington, DC. His next position was president of the NAACP. Kweisi Mfume.was the name he adopted in the early 1970s in an effort to connect with his African roots. His Aunt had traveled to Ghana and suggested the name. It is a phrase that translates as “conquering son of kings.” Mfume's story is your story and my story. No matter what our beginnings, we have within us a conqueror, not of people, but of ourselves. At some point, we must ask, “Is this enough? Am I fulfilling my destiny? And, like Mfume, we may decide to alter our identity and take a new path in order to do it. The question is: Is this enough? You have the answer. Jean Walters is a tranformational coach and Akashic Reader for 40 years. She is author of best selling book: Be Outrageous: Do the Impossible - Others have and you can too! Also Dreams and the Symbology of Life (workbook for interpreting your dreams) by Jean Walters-Lucy You an reach her at 314 991 8439 or jean@spiritualtransformation.com

No comments: